Today I would like to introduce you to this beautiful person, Maria Morales. Her story and message has inspired me to make changes in my life, and I hope that it will inspire you too.
Maria hasn't shared her story publicly before yet, and I am very grateful that she is willing to share it with us. It takes a lot of courage to talk about something that is so personal. She is currently working on a book to share her story in the hopes that by doing this, it could save people.
Maria got breast cancer in her left breast 3 years ago, but decided to have a double mastectomy to remove both of her breasts. She chose not to have reconstructive surgery but embrace her body the way it is now. She says while her body is so imperfect, it is so perfect too. She had to let go of the pain to feel free and released, and by having the double mastectomy, she could finally let it all go. The thing that I admire most is how she looks at herself now. She doesn't see the scars and imperfections, or hate her body. She loves her body for what it stands for now and what it has overcome. It reminds her of what she had to go through to be present today, and how grateful she is to be alive.
Maria didn't have chemo or radiation. She has a team of doctors advising her, and they chose the route of doing tablets for 5 years, combined with an injection every 3 months for 3 -5 years, which her doctors have just told her that she can now stop. She currently has 7 - 10 doctors who specialize in different things who help her and monitor her progress, which she sees once every 6 months or once a year. I do realize of course that not everyone can afford to have a team of doctors behind them to overcome an illness. She currently takes no additional medicines or supplements and is cancer free.
Here are Maria's top tips for overcoming an aggressive disease:
1) Lifestyle is so important. How you live your life and the people that you keep around you will affect your healing process
2) Her nutrition is completely plant based, and as unprocessed as possible
3) She drinks filtered water
4) She has changed her thoughts and her attitude towards life. This is a work in progress, but she is always grateful to be present in this moment.
5) She has since cured herself of all illnesses in her body, including chronic migraines, endometriosis, and polycystic ovary syndrome.
6) She also has a therapist in Spain who she talks to to let go of her past thoughts and traumas that could affect her negatively.
The main takeaway from her message is that all of these factors work together. It's not only a change in diet, but a change in lifestyle and your environment that will let your body heal itself. Work with the right doctors to get the help that you need.
As always, prevention is better than cure. So many of these things we can apply to our lives starting today. Get rid of the things that are weighing you down and having a negative effect on you. Enjoy the simple things and be present and grateful for today. Get your body moving and enjoy these moments while you are in good health.
To our health and happiness,